Anyone interested in a board and foil combo

Hi guys/gals,

Myself and a friend are currently working on a foil board (nz build) and are thinking about possibly building a couple of board and foil combos to sell on to other aspiring builders.

The board would consist of a fiberglassed build with a water tight hinged hatch for electronics grip tape and a fiber glass, aluminium or carbon mast and foil (foil&mast material undecided yet)

We could possibly do a variety of colours if requested.

The reason for this is we have been building prototypes using carbon , Alu, fiber glass, closed cell foam, epoxy and 3d printing and feel we have gotten quite good at it.

We want to help anyone who is looking for a “ready made” option at a reasonable price that Dosent have the time to build there own.

Thanks, David.

2 Likes

Any feedback on this idea? Would anyone be interested?

How much would you be charging for the combo?

1 Like

Also curios on what an average price would be

Hi David,

I could be interested in a board only for my second board. Unfortunately I don’t have a garage/workshop so it’s difficult for me to build. What price are you thinking?

Hi guys ! Thanks for the feedback! We are currently waiting for an email back from the cnc company that would be doing the blank cuts. Once I get a price from him I will let y’all know a price !

Thanks
David!

2 Likes

Hi guys , cnc outsourced cuts are outrageous prices in New Zealand,

We want to keep the board under the 1k mark so it is accessible to everyone.

Again we are looking at alternatives and hope to have something soon.

Regards

David.

2 Likes

Hey David, did you consider making this out of rotational moulded plastic like kayaks? You will get huge cavities at a cheap price and with excelent mechanical properties. Not as light weight, but much simpler to produce. They are are also bouncy. A glass kayak weighs maybe 20kg and a plastic kayak 27kg. So the weight difference is not very much. Plastic kayaks cannot crack though.

If you need, I could create CAD files for a rotationally moulded board for you.

1 Like

thanks mate, we are looking into it and will keep you posted on our findings.

Hi David,

I’m in australia, but very interested. The guy I had interested has put it in the too hard basket.

Keep me in the loop.

Will do mate! Keep an eye here

1 Like

I would be interested but what would the price be?

Hey guys, same as DavidC mentioned above we are offering the same “We want to help anyone who is looking for a “ready-made” option at a reasonable price that Doesn’t have the time to build there own.”

There are bunch of forum threads on efoil boards as many of you are looking for something ready for your built to be integrated with. We are working with board shaper and will have a board you can buy directly from the CHina factory using our design/shape. We have worked out a way to get the factory to ship the board super cheap to your closest airport.

If you are not a 100% hardcore MAKER who must build every single part of the project or don’t have the skills/tools/time this will be a super simple solution.

Everyone here keeps asking for the cost of a custom board like this, and it should be in the range of a thousand bucks with possibly shipping included to the nearest major airport direct from China factory.

This is to help fellow builders get up and riding easier, faster, safer. Also, the battery box compartment can hold up to 44,000mAh battery pack, and anything smaller if you want a lighter ride.

Here is a mockup of the board shape you will have access to ignore tech specs on board they are just placeholders for updated board details:

4 Likes

Things are getting serious…
@VeFoil, would you have an idea of the dimensions, volume ?

There will be a few sizes depending on your weight and skill level.
They are high flotation, super stable (Length will be around 5’6", 6’6", 7’6", 28-32" wide, 5-6" thick) but we are waiting on board designer with final specs as we want quick and fast planing so we get up on foil easily and requires less thrust/power.

Looks awesome, V-Foil.

We are still working on different prototypes from rotomould to two part mould to cnc foam.
Looking forward to seeing you make a video of a board flying in the near future.

David.

1 Like

Yes, we got in a little ride after blowing through a couple 3D printed impellers which do not work for impellers with high rpm FYI lol…

We are just learning to foil, and have some new improvements to add a lot more thrust and speed, just waiting on a couple new parts:

oh lovely, what upgrades are you going for?

New aluminum impeller that is designed to provide more thrust/speed. Lots of improvements in the newest impeller design. Also, we will be able to use our smaller and lighter shaft/coupler setup. New motor with higher kv, and a new jet nozzle design and diffuser.

1 Like