Any tips on the first build?

I have a question.
Why did you exclude the Motor plugs from the waterproof compartment?
Is it so that you can take off the mast without having to open the aluminium lid? But otherwise you have to open the lid anyway each time you take the battery out for charging. I mean why didn’t you put the seal like this?

I excluded them from the water seal to use them as a way to pass power through my box in a waterproof way, and be able to disconnect the mast if needed. If i where to put them in the seal i would need to find a way again to waterproof the cables and make this in such a way it can be disconnected.

Using waterproof connectors solves all these problems in one go.

1 Like

Ah I see. So you don’t have to worry about the connection between mast and board being waterproof.
I want to make something quite similar. All my electronics will be housed in on waterproof compartment. And then I will have waterproof connections for the motor wires.
The idea is, that I can put the all in one box really easily onto different boards.

However I haven’t found connectors that I like. Surlok Plus would be perfect but too expensive for my taste.

What about these…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrow.com/en/products/athp061rs08nn-50/amphenol-sine-systems%3Fdisplaymode=GoogleAmp

Hey Kwinty, Could you let me know what the name of this company is? I need to get a battery for this week.

Much appreciated!

Hey Jerry’s,

You can buy them directly from me. Unfortunately I can’t tell you the name of the company.
Just send me an email at info@efoil-holland.com and ill get right back to you