Any interest in custom Direct Drive Inrunner

1 Like

Peter,
Winter is here now so its going to be a few month before I need to make a decision on what my next motor solution will be. I was wondering when do you hope to have this motor ready to sell.

Hi @Mac, Motor is in testing;-)

…And pre production of series conform motors started. We will take the time to test it in Detail.
I will let you know as soon as it’s are ready to ship. This should be around end of january.:call_me_hand:
9 Likes

What’s the top speed you have tested the motor to?

1 Like

Yes, i am also interested for that and some more datas…

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm @Peter’s motor looks very promising. I have been testing it for a month now together with Nick’s VESC. The setup is super silent in FOC mode. Tested it in many conditions: waves, storm, flat water, light friends, heavy friends, high efficiency setups at only 13A foiling, high power towing tests,… This past weekend we tested it with various combinations of the new 2020 Axis wings. We are working towards a new DIY reference design. More soon.

8 Likes

I topped out at 43.6kph with my 3D printed prop and with the 3D printed duct (!). The duct adds quite some drag a these speeds, haven’t had a chance to test without. The limit was set by my 100A battery current limit which I reached at this speed. 125A motor amps. Lot’s of power that motor.

3 Likes

Excellent work guys! Sounds very promising.

That sounds good. What foil was this on? And what size battery?

Wing during the speed test: Axis S-Series 900 front wing, 460 flat stabilizer wing (coming 2020), short fuselage, 90cm 19mm mast.

Battery: 12S - 2x 6S 22Ah Tattu Lipo. Still the same batteries I have been riding on my first build.

Great work, the foil technology is progressing so fast thanks to you… I am also tempted, very much at the end of January

That sounds great. One thing I missed, do you know motor KV and prop pitch?

Hi @Jezza, KV is a little more than 100, in case it was mine, it has ~175mm pitch :wink:

1 Like

Nice work. Any news about the target price?

2 Likes

Thanks guys. great questions and answers. I can wait till the end of January.

Hello, motor looks cool !!!
my eng is bad, i read all this topic, but still have few questions: :upside_down_face:

1. Do i understand correctly - motor+vesc in box will cost 350-500 usd ? or vesc we need buy separately?
  2. Will you sell prop and duct ?
  3. Can i use it, if my foil is not slingshot ?
  4. End of January is near, what about pre-order?))))

Hi there,
looks like I found this forum just in best possible time!
Interested in purchase, count me in :wink:

Hi all,
it took me quite a while to write this, but it is necessary.
Unfortunately I have to postpone the project and the manufacturing due to different (mainly time) reasons.
Currently I’m not able to supply the motors in the quantity demanded and at the quality grade I’m used to provide as it is “just” a Hobby for me.
I’d like to apoligize at anybody who waited for the motor, and I’like to thank everybody for the great feedback!

BR
Peter

1 Like

No worries peter! Take your time and do it right.

Br

Rikard

1 Like

we understand and will be patient,
Thank you for the work done
Manu

1 Like