Any interest in custom Direct Drive Inrunner

Hi Peter, I’m new here as well. Definitely interested in getting one of your motors if you produce them.

1 Like

Hey @Crow great that you are here! Your printing capabilties are awesome!
Will let you know as soon as I have some motors availbale;-)

Hi peter fantastic work, your data is impressive! What wing and prop are you using ? What is your top speed with your motor?

Hi @jaywade nice to see you here!
Hi @Bender, My current top speed was close to 40km/h, but this totally depends on the wing setup, prop pitch and your fear limit :sweat_smile:
I think 25-30km/h is easy riding, 30-35km/h is sportive and all beyond gets frightening, especially when the water is below 10°C :wink:

5 Likes

40kmh is impressive ! Well done

Hi Peter!
Any update on your project?
I wonder if you did not need to do the annealing process with the stator sheets when you got them cut with a laser?

Hi @beonwater,
The motors for Beta series testing should be ready end of July.
I’ll keep you informed about the status.
Laser cutting is quite expensive. It’s good to produce some samples, but later it should be done by punching tool.
The stacking processes can be very different, welding, punching, baking… With laser cutting they usually just do backing of the bundle of laminations.

Maybe you can come and visit me, so I can show you and we can discuss about the details :wink:

Hi, any news on your project?

1 Like

Hi @overdrive, yea, currently ten motors are running in field and stress test. Currently with very good results and no failure. It will takes some time, though, to challenge them for a lifetime equal period.

The next batch is already in planning and I hope to come back to you soon with all the figures, an excellent working and proven Motor.:wink::call_me_hand:

11 Likes

Can’t wait to see the results of these trials !
Which cable gland do you use for your motors ,?

Looking forward to seeing it also.

Very nice. Can you give us your motor dimensions ?

Sure:
grafik

It might seem a bit thick, but it’s worth investing the dia.
The result is very strong torque at low motor amps, so it’s much easier to run it with a normal vesc six.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback
Is it waterproof?
Would it be possible to get a test unit?

1 Like

Very nice work! Let me know when I can buy one. Thinking about doing the other way around again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice work! I am keen on trying one as well. What props do you have in mind for this?

I saw that you used laser cut parts for the rotor. I have an excellent yet cheap source for lasercutting in Hungary if you need.

Hi @MaxMaker,

thanks;-)
The big advantage is you can use a wide variety of props.
I tested also 7" dia by 8" pitch props. The torque is plenty to run them without big problem.
For best performance in combination with the VESC, though, I designed a prop/duct combination to get the maximum of power out:

4 Likes

Forgot to add, prop and duct are designed to be printed, so it’s easy to get it made or make it on your own :call_me_hand:
… and of course it’s fully waterproof :wink:

2 Likes

Cool. I am prop and motor testing right now. Can I try out your propeller design?

:slight_smile:
I hope the project goes well.
You wrote you are using a vesc.
Do you have any values from the motor tests for us?