Another wip mostly 3d printed

Your approach with the aluminium profile is very interesting for me. Can you update your stl-files on thingiverse? I miss the empty profiles and the small fin.
Do you think, that the front wing has enough area. Wings for SUPs are larger and it is easier to take off.

Have you tested this build yet?

I fear that 2020 extrusion will not be strong enough…

I work with that stuff all day long. 20x20 is quite weak. 20x40 cannot be bend by hand. That is good enough for a mast. What is critical is the attachment point. No fastener really holds the forces. I recommend a sleve, or a custom metal bracket on either side to transfer the forces to the board and fuselage. The slots rip out easily.

Hi Max, I’m planning to use aluminum extrusion for my foil’s fuselage. Which size would you recommend to use? I currently have a 20x20 on hand

Not yet, i had to get a better paid job to buy batteries :smiley: i’ll have some time till summer holidays to finalize

20x40 Typ 6 Thats the one with the 6mm slot. Typ 5 is a whole lot heavier but not really stronger. I would recommend just 20x40mm square tubes though. The slots are not that useful. Especially not for this applications. Square tubes can be bought in any hardware store and you can mount it well using some DIY plates that get rivited on. You know one plate on the left, one on the right and rivets into the tube. More about this stuff in my latest video.

1 Like

Any Updates? Very interesting for me.

@iLouis are you releasing your .stl files? This Hydrofoil looks amazing! Had to delay my build for so long now it feels like it will never happen but Summers here now and all the odd jobs and moved house so no excuse!

Where did find this plate?

Life is easier when earning enough money to do what you want, ltes finish this.

Could some people give opinion on best place to fix the mast ? Far or near the back of the board ?

Thx

1 Like

1 Like