Alan's build in Hong Kong

Hi Alan,

thank you very much!!

Parallel I’m workin on an other approach to have a low budget remote with finger throttle based on the old winning remote. Only changed the hall sensor and put the receiver in a Pastinaken Glas.

1 Like

I’m glad to help. Btw, I just replace all bearings to ceramics bearings today. Three 6801 and one 6809 bearings. Hope it can hold the thrust…

All magnet still alive. I just fill the gap between magnet by silicone.

Nice Alan! Is that the may tech 8080 outrunner? The copper fill looks good.

Thanks. I don’t know the manufacturer of the motor.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.1de72e8dZTgNjB&id=40724231820&_u=aot5c2r6253

2 Likes

I see, very nice.

thanks for the reply.

I tried that with silicone and it failed miserably! You managed to get it nice and neat! What was your technique?

I just use the 704 silicone glue to fill the 3 gaps one time. Then, rotate it after half hour and repeat the work. Unfortunately, the magnet little bit rusty after a month test. So, I use the epoxy to cover the magnet, gaps and stator wiring.

2 Likes

Covering the stator and its wiring with epoxi could lower the capability of dissipating heat considerably. And rising temperatures caused by the resistance of wiring could soften and eventually melt the epoxy.

Hi Alan,

you swapped all the bearings to ceramic ones a few month ago. Can you recommend this option?

Would maybe a stainless steel version also do the job?

corrosion x free after I replace all the bearings to ceramic and the shaft replaced by 316 stainless steel. No rust so far.

已加你微信…

Hi Alan,

Congratulation for your creativity, expertize and perseverance!
I am not good for building myself so I am buying a lift efoil that i should receive soon.
I will be very happy to share a ride with you, switch efoil and chat together face to face about your project and efoil in general.
I am based in Clear Water Bay silverstrand area. Where are you based and where do you ride?
Maxence

What an amazing build. Might be the least expensive on here as well.