Before buying the propeller, i tried designing one, but i postponed it :
- This is a very big motor (80 mm diameter)
- The drag will significantly increase with every mm i add to the diameter.
- To get the blades strong enough, i’d need to increase significantly the diameter.
- and that solas prop seemed quite adapted to the power and RPM … and i might have gotten a bit lazy
- as i wasn’t sure of the rest of the system, i stuck to a known working solution.
But for sure once everything is stable and i get some time, the prop will be revisited.
Even just a smoother reduction of diameter between the motor and the prop hub would help, but first i need logging capability …
Regarding corrosion, CorrosionX HD is magic, i barely rinse the motor with clean water after getting out of the salty bay where i test, and no corrosion issues so far