80100 direct cooling

Any data , rpm , amp … With this propeller ? Thank you

So Mat, you’re saying that if you had it to do over again you’d use 2K rather than epoxy the motor?

Thanks,

nono, epoxy works great to fill the gap…
but I had to use something else to cover the magnets… epoxy was just in between…

That is a good choice mat :wink:

I do not have any rpm logging but running 12s I need 58 amps to get on foil and 45 amps once up on foil to maintain. This is on a naish large surf foil wing.

Looks like your amps and watts were no longer showing up with your rpm at the end and your speed stayed super low even though you had some spikes. What speed do you first have the ability to pop to foil (start foiling)? What speed is your remote set to and how fast can you pop it up? Do you believe you could tow a foiler also without fire?
On a side note what gauge is your motor and batt wires to and from esc were they hot when you opened up? Thanks for the data looks super fun.

I recommend a smaller wing for your total weight, do you know it?

The low speed no amps at the end is when i had to swim back to the beach :slight_smile: the system was still powered, so the GPS was on, but the controller low voltage limit keep it either off or at very low amps…
I think it starts popping up in the 15-16 km/h…once up i tried to slow down as much as i could, and it stayed foiling at 13… but not very stable and if you touch the water, it’s over…

My remote has some kind of cruise control: there a dead man switch, and with your thumb you control acceleration (up and down), i have a max range issue to look at (seem to be looping back to 0 when i go full on… ), but i don’t set the speed by itself.

The problem with towing someone would be more the stability… may be with some practice… my board is huge, so i don’t use much more power when i’m touching the water compared to flying…
if you tow a sup with a foil, it should work fine i guess …

My wires are: 8 AWG Silicone Wire / 1650 Strands of Tinned Copper Wire.the were completely cool when i got out… the only thing that did heat up was the batteries…
Actually even the elogger wire that are much smaller and see the full current were not warm…

For the wing that’s my plan for next test: go back to the original foil-fish wing… but i’ll also have a new prop to test… I’ll do my best to convince myself to get back to the beach to switch either the wing or the prop to get more useful data :slight_smile: