80100 Build from Netherlands

its a dubbel watterproofing this box is more for the littel drops, but will coat it in epoxy any way

That looks great! Good work

1 Like

PNG

model so far :slight_smile:
dose any one have some picks with board dimetions, find it hard to size this board

1 Like

A few pointers to size your board:

• pick the volume you need so that it floats when you’re on top of it (your weight + battery/electronic weight), it makes it easier to start.
  • the thickness will be coming from the height needed for your batteries and other electronic components (it’s better to have too much than not enough :slight_smile: ) Tip: adding a bit of thickness help a lot to add volume in your board)
  • A wide board will be a bit more stable to start.
  • A board not too long is better to reduce the swing weight and will be more maneuverable.

hey mat,
Tnx for the response

ass in 1L of board per KG
the board is 85,6L right now
i am 65kg + around 20kg of stuff= 85Liters??

that might do it… may be add a bit more to be safer…
mine is above 100 liter and i can stay standing when the board stops… not for long, but long enough to get starting again…

@Buildshit_gijs what sort of a hatch is that designed into the board?

1 Like

Tnx will make it 100liters then i only have windsurf skills, so quite a beginner at surfing

just a pvc plate with some boat latches and a hinge

1 Like

I’m not really “qualified” to comment as I have no experience with efoil boards (I’ve yet to get my project off the ground), but allowing for the weight of a wet wetsuit and other safety gear needs to be allowed for. I’m sure your extra allowance more than covers it though.

its 104 liters now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

board is 104L now
got some parts in

btw is the shaping of the foam of the board hard to do by hand? price to let it be cnc cut is waaaayy to mutch

1 Like

It’s not very difficult to do by hand…
to make it even easier, you can use a hotwire and templates on both sides to make your top and bottom surfaces.
same as for shaping surfboard, the main advice is: don’t aim at perfectly symmetrical or you’ll keep removing foam until none is left :slight_smile:

Like Mat says, its Ok by hand, but take your time and use sharp tools. The dust is funny…Can be worth to buy some extra so you can practice little as its cheap. For good finish of the EPS or XPS its little tricky, don’t sand / cut to much as almost any putty/ filler is harder than the board, not so easy to sand smooth in such case. You mentioned EPS on the material list, would recommend XPS ( styrofoam is one brand) IMHO much better material than EPS. Or basically same material but XPS i closed cell.

1 Like

Where are you getting your foam from?

there is a full parts list

Hi ,

I was just about to start a topic on the board actually…

We are starting to build 2 foils after our holiday… We just ordered the complete maytech package yesterday…

For the board…: We have a CNC and we have the extra dense EPS foam in the house (our workshop is in Amsterdam) we use that a lot for mould milling…

Perhaps we can combine some of our production processes…
Milling an extra board is no problem for us…
fixing the file is the most work and we need to do that anyway…
working with EPS -> milling goes very fast…

Perhaps someone can assist us on the elctronics department, we are makers and unfortunately not electro engineers…
Soldering LED’s is no problem, but connecting those batteries, ESC’s and kill switches safely we could use some advise… Tomorrow I go on a holiday, so if my reponse takes some time; that’s the reason…

Good luck with all of your projects and hope to see some of them cruising around some day!

3 Likes

I have done a Direct drive build on 80100 80kv and can confirm that there is not enought torque at least not for my 100 kg load. I have tested both 12 and 18s.

A lot of ppl seem to get good results on 80100, what kinda prop did you use

What is the story with the 6384 alien power system motor, currently the build is underway, Arc 200 and 12s 10p?

Uploading: IMG_1325.jpeg…

4 Likes

Your mast design is insane :heart_eyes:

6384 is a working motor which kv did you choose ?

1 Like