72 124 waterproof motor 12 slot 10 poles. Available for testing!

Yes but we want something that last a min , a 10 poles at 140kv will not do better than FR motor , or not for long , commercial wise not a good idea I think

The testing continues :slight_smile: this time with my own wings:

https://youtu.be/jtlSDywl7W4

2 Likes

And here is a current sweep from 40A to 140A @ 65 volt in the water.

For me 110kv would be good!

you know that kV is irrelevant if you match the phase current to the higher kV, right?
torque out for kV(120) * current (Y) = kV (130) * current (1,08*Y) etc.

One might run into issues with too low controller output at too high kV but when discussing low numbers like 120 vs 130 kV it really doesn’t matter so much.

I have sent PM’s to everyone interested in the motor! If you are interested in my motor and haven’t received a message from me please send a PM.

Another test video:

5 Likes

What’s your test setup ? Still running 16s ? Do you happen to know what your max shaft rpm is when riding ?
What’s the max throttle you pushed your system so far ? Top speed ?

Yes still running 16S because I use a small 110mm prop but with 6 blades. As you can see in VESC sweep video the loaded rpm is 20000erpm/5polepairs = 4000rpm @ 95% duty.

1 Like

Nice ! A link to this prop ?

Have fun and report your results!

1 Like

Haha, russian submarine prop

Everyone ordering a 72 124 motor Please respond until 08-07 (this friday). The manufacturing order will be placed and no additional motors will be available in this run.

I’m in. :smiley:
I’d like to hear more on how many others bought a motor and who you are?
please reply in this thread. I’d like to compare experiences when it’s delivered :+1:

1 Like

Ok This run is finalised! 8 motors in total will be coming my way in a month from today(if the manufacturer manages to stick to the leed time). Can’t wait for all of us to test them on our different setups!

5 Likes

Updated wire outlet and added additional screws. Mounts on 4 m8 bolts

6 Likes

Great! When will you get next feedback from the motor company on the progress?

I’ll ask for an update on Monday.

Well I got the reply early :slight_smile: this is for people who have not been dealing with Chinese companies:
“Hi The accessory drawing is well designed and ready to make accessories. They are all in progress.”
Translation to non Chinese people:
Everything seems to be on track for now :slight_smile:

:grinning: that’s… I’ve gotten similar answers, you always hope it means something in the end :smiley:

1 Like