666foil build in France

@cristophe amazing congratulations! Did you do a Bill of Materials? If not could you give us a list of your final setup parts?

@Foxyirish1987 hi, no bill for the moment.
SSS 56104 500kv / Neugart PLE40 5:1 / Seaking HV 130 / Chinese Foil / Home made board / Prop, clamps and duct modified in Fusion and printed in PLA with the files of pacificmeister because I put 2 bearings. Lipo 20 A in 12S. Remote : Gt2B in plastic bag. :grin:

Amazing results ! Which propeller from Pacificmeister are you using ?

Thanks. Propeller Rev 3 3 blades https://a360.co/2IywIHK

Do you hjhave any data logger to know the current drawn, RPM and speed ?

Nothing but I would like to have one with record. I don’t find.
For the moment, never more of half throttle. Speed recorded with a iphone 28km/h.

Do you have a water pump to cool down the ESC ?
If you come down South of France someday, we should meet up ! Mediteranean sea might be a bit warmer than Annecy lake :wink:

yes water pump for the esc T° of the lake at this moment 22°c. :slight_smile:

Where are you ?

Not bad !
I’m in La Ciotat

@cristophe you have also modify the propeller or just the duct…?

Just the duct. A little longer.

Hi Christophe,

I’m Sébastien,
I’m just on the other side of the lake, not far,
and my prototype for first tests should be ready in 15 days.

I fellow the pacificmeister instructions excepted some differences
to get a low cost ride.

I hope I will have a good result as the excellent you have :blush:
congratulations !

I had a question about your batteries, 12s, does it mean that you give power for
around 44V to your ESC ?

Thanks a lot, and pleasure to meet you soon, i hope, on the lake.
Cheers.

A little bit more. When the battery pack is fully charged, you have 4,20 v X 12 = 50,4 v
And when the pack is fully discharged, you have 3,3 v X 12 = 39,6 v (be careful, it’s the limit)

Thanks Cristophe.
I need to improve my characteristics for the moment, my results aren’t enough for the moment.
not enough speed.

@cristophe I also did the PacificMeister build in PLA and also have had leaks past my seals in the SealMount. So I want to have this part made in aluminum as you have done. Do you have a CAD file you can share for this purpose?

Hi,
After more than 50 hours of use, the motor unit works well. Here is the beginning of winter, so complete disassembly. We are less brave than the @Hiorth brothers. On disassembly, the coupler is de-serrated and a little water inside (a thimble). The piece is identical to that of @pacificmeister with additional seals. So I did not invent anything. We must modify the parts to make the engine cell perfect . …
… and find a solution for a waterproof remote.

cristophe could you share your modified seal mount assy.
Did you change the dimension of the grooves of where the o rings sit or keep same as pacifimeister?