The Hiorth Brothers Build

Hoverstar.com is the maker of the H5 Hover Foil efoil.
Are you trying to get free advertising or is it related to the Hiorth build ?

Hey Guys!
Was out riding in snowy conditions a few days back. I made this short video for fun!
Board and battery still working after sitting on the shelf for 8 months :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Its official. Youā€™re nuts!!:crazy_face::cold_face:

3 Likes

Ha. You got me thinking of getting out there now too! I used to kite on nearly frozen waterā€¦but now Iā€™m just too comfortable and no longer adventurous :wink: Awesome!

2 Likes

Definitely!, bringing a bottle of hot water to warm up hands really helps!:slight_smile: i had a bottle in the inner pocket of my jacket.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty hardcore! And you almost stayed dry! If only your remote didnā€™t disconnect! :rofl:

:call_me_hand:

The mast who cut the icešŸ˜Ž awesome!

Whatā€™s so blizzard about it? :wink:

Awesome video. I was tired from the walk to the water. :grimacing:

Haha yes walking with the board on your back is quite painfulā€¦ But now I got a one wheel! Those things are perfect for carrying eFoils as you have both hands free!

Just not perfect if you fall on it carrying an efoilā€¦

haha yes, I try not to think about thatā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Great videos. My one wheel browned out and I faceplanted hard when I had a really heavy backpack with an ebike battery and some other stuff in it. I was going up a hill and it suddenly cut out when I hit a small bump. Might want to make sure you do it only on a fully charged battery and wear some pads the first few times times you try your route!

Thank you for your advice. to admit I am quite scared riding with the efoil on my back it for sure is heavy!

Hi everyone ! :slight_smile:

Spent my evening( last few months) thinking about a foil assist system. It would be very nice to be able to connect it directly to any existing foil and only have one wire running to a simple remote (ideally wireless). and interchangeable batteries.

I ended up with the specs to the right. but still details missing in particular.
-**Small reliable waterproof data connnector! ** (<m10)
-Motor
-ESC
-Battery cell type
-jet or folding prop?
input/ thoughts here would be appreciated. A shorter motor solution would be amazing!, maybe running a outrunner wet?, do not love the thought of thisā€¦ but maybe it is the way?

Also data connector! this one would be super nice if someone knows of a reliable option. having it waterproof when not mated. this would be amazing.

I am planning on sharing all the design files and build instructions, if it ends up working! Also build it in a way requering a minimal of costume components.

5 Likes

I have often thought about the same. The limitation keeps coming back to the battery.

I donā€™t know of any cell that is going to work well in a 1p or even 2p config. The high discharge batteries tend to have lower capacity, especially when pushed near their peak. It would have to be kind of like the water version of an electric motorglider (sailplane) where you would basically only be able to use the motor for a handful of take-offs and it would be pretty weak.

yes exactly just like a surf assist but in a format that fits for foils. thinking only 800w as the max burst outputs. You would hit the remote button and it will give you a paddle boost to catch super slow waves. (most waves in norway)
Similar to these but ideally easier to attach to a foil and not as large.

https://www.scubajet.com/shop/

Been looking at these cells, VTC5 or similar.

3v12s35A= 1260w
3v12s25A= 900W

you would certainly abuse the batteries and experience a very warm battery pack. But possible?

LTO batteries can handle much higher currents. Their individual voltage is lower though.

I think definitely possible, especially if there was a water cooling feature and you were expecting to replace the batteries prematurely. I have had very good luck with abusing older VTC versions in the past. I havenā€™t played with the VTC5 yet.

I would go more with 21700 P42 , will handle a lot better