So @pacificmeister and I were talking today about the mast clamp. In his open source version, he has the nose cone come back past the second cavity in the mast (see picture below) which is where the 3 x 8awg wires are going (tight fit). Wouldn’t be too hard to modify the design to move more of the mast clamp forward and reduce the nose cone, however, how cool would it be if we could input parameters into Fusion 360 and have it move these bits for us!?
Now I’m not a Fusion expert, but @Taylor is! Hehe. Some of the things we explored as possible parameters include:
- Width of clamp and nose cone
- Gap between clamp and nose cone
- Mast properties for adjusting between mast types quickly
- Circumference of pipe input in the back of the mast clamp
- Thickness of pipe input in the back (for thicker pipes)
- Maybe adjustment of screw hole placement or screw thickness (currently M6x60mm)
Anything else you can think of? Would be pretty epic if this could be built!