Propellers and Ducts

I have ordered 100kV MP56115 inrunner motor with 14s 300A watercooled esc.
My setup: 12s 20Ah liion battery, direct drive, loaded rpm about 3500rpm. Target speed 35-40km/h (min 30km at first)
Could you suggest the prop for this setup?

2 Likes

To proksa1: In order to be able to select the correct propeller for the e-foil, you must first measure the drive torque (Part 1 - When to select the right impeller (for jet propulsion) or the right propeller - Propulsion System (Motor, Gears) - FOIL.zone)

I want to use it for old surfboard, not for efoil.

This principle is universal - it’s not only for e-foil, but also for surfboard and Titanic

You can leave the edges sharp!

1 Like

I shared a link on another thread to a Free Impeller Design Software if you guys are interested: Jet Propulsion? - #64 by VeFoil - Propulsion System (Motor, Gears) - FOIL.zone

2 Likes

Currently exploring the different options for waterproofing my motor shaft with the printed housing. Will something as simple as a mechanical seal get the job done? Or even just a rotary shaft seal? Or will more drastic measure have to be taken?

Just for inspiration: https://youtu.be/v1p8Fon9Ykg

A guy build his own EDF blades from carbon fibre.

1 Like

or : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO9zJ0BKDFI

:wink:

1 Like

i use this: Joint spi oas-12x20x6-fpm - 12x20x6 mm | 123roulement

man these carbon guys are just sickly awesome! thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Hey @WNT,
I want to try an old jetski impeller, what’s your take on that?
It’s a Skat-Trak USA 9-17

1 Like

HI VeFoil,
Do you have results on your 220KV new inrunner motor and 80mm duct? What was the pitch most efficient in this case? I appreciate if you can share your measurements with this duct.

Hi @tunnelvision, Can you please share again your prop and duct design? The dropbox link is expired and doesnt exist anymore.

2 Likes

I planning to use that motor but still dont know how to design prop with javaprop…really need help now

Set water density in place of air on last tab, set small hub size and a sligthly larger prop diameter on first tab, define max rpm and a reasonable speed, depending on your motor, you could have 3000W of power avaliable, more or less, design the prop, go to tab 3 and modify it, if needed, go to tab 2 “export as iges”.
Open it with a cad software (I use Solidworks), close the blade gaps to have a solid, cut the prop in 4 slices, get the profiles from any slice and loft a new blade, start scaling each profile but DON’T move it around, you need to figure out by yourself. It’s time consuming at the beginning but you can have a very good looking prop in one hour or less, after dialed in the process. Check on some thread about prop, I put some photo and more detailed explanation

1 Like

How are you all getting Javaprop to work? Java won’t let me install it because it’s not from a trusted site. I’ve tried downgrading Java, that didn’t work.

If you google on javaprop site, there’s an how to. For windows computer, control panel- java and you need to add an exception for that website

Yes that is what we did, Javaprop website shows how to do it also, took me a couple tries to figure it out but I did get it.
Maybe you can run WEB VERSION? does this work for you? JavaProp Application