Pacificmeister Build Info and CAD Sources

@cwazy1, I have been using 2, 3 and 4 blade props with the planetary gears. Mostly 3 and 4 blade props recently. Went back to 2 blades with the belt experiment.

1 Like

@superlefax
Hi
I ajust small screw but any noise to thé motor ans motor dont work
My recever is Powered by an external battery (with 4 x1,5v) , i use any bec
Esc connector is on ch1 ( i disconnect red wire) and wire connector power on bind
Can you help me ?
Regards
Giloris

I struggled with a skateboard remote on my first build using a VESC for efoil.

My Notes for Binding and remote setup @giloris

1).Check and make sure all the wires are mounted, and the remote is OFF, insert the bind plug into CH3(Bind) on the receiver;
2).Switch on the ESC, you can see the receiver red light flash;
3).Press and hold on the bind button on the remote and THEN turn the remote on;
4).You should notice the transmitter go from flashing red to solid red, and also the solid red of the receiver;
5).Once you see a solid red light, you now know the two are binded together, and please pull the bind plug out (this is important, so the remote can record the throttle mid to realize the fail-safe)
6).Then you can test it again by turning off the controller and it should flash.if you turn the power on Transmitter back on it should go back to solid red.

@VeFoil
I used it to my electric longboard and it’s work normally with my VESC
Two red light are OK. On SEAKING 130A HV there isn’t BEC.
I dont install BEC but i installed an external power battery to my receiver (4x1.5V ), i connected esc remote plug on receiver and i disconnect red wire.
Do i need an amperage mini to the receveir output ? BEC is it crucial ?
Regards
Giloris

@pacificmeister Ahh, I see.

I’ve been trying to foil with the 3 blade prop and it seems that the power is not quite enough to get up on foil without some luck. I’m not quite sure what is causing the problem because it seems like you have no problem getting up.

I’m using 12s with lipos and the neugart 1:5 with the sss 500kv.

My board is approx 80-90L.

Would using the 4 blade prop solve my speed issue? that would theoretically provide less torque but more top speed.

1 Like

Worth a try. You can also experiment with different duckt profiles, my early one causes quite some drag at higher speeds. Have you tried the NACA0012 I posted? I haven’t yet;). Here: Parametric Propeller & Duct Design - Fusion 360 - #3 by pacificmeister - Props & Ducts - FOIL.zone. Or try a bigger wing to foil at slower speeds.

Good to know. I bought exactly the same model of transmitter but still could not try it, since i am still buying the other parts…

Hi
If you choose seaking 130a hv esc , i m interesting to know thé résult
And if thé motor turn.
Without bec and with external power battery’ it s dont work
I appair it and i m programming esc with program box to
Hobbywing but it s not ok, any beep beep to thé motor !
Regards
Giloris

I’m actually running without a duct. But I had about a 2" gap between the end of the ductless duct and the inside of the prop. I think that generated a lot of drag.

I also moved to the 4 blade prop. That made a difference.

And then my prop fell off and I lost it in the lake. LOL.

Does the gearbox need to be opened up and greased? Mine felt pretty smooth but I ran it dry at full power for less than 20 seconds and it got hot enough to be uncomfortable to touch. Are other people having this issue? It could be that it’s running at more rpm than it should be when there is no load on the propeller.

Thanks for adding Rev 3 duct and prop @pacificmeister!
The prop 3blade rev3 STL appears to be scaled 10x larger, so scaled down in Simplify3D

I did the same thing in Cura. Printed the prop, duct is on the bed and they look great!

@pacificmeister Hi, the rev3 for the duct and propeller are the same as Parametric Propeller & Duct Design - Fusion 360 - #3 by pacificmeister - Props & Ducts - FOIL.zone ?
I try this but after one hour, I lose the shaft and of course the propeller. For the new, I will glued the shaft.

Same ring size and profile but I made the struts a bit thicker in REV3. Hope the shaft stays on.

Thanks. When I lost the shaft and propeller, I think the propelller broke the duct (rev2) when she left.

Hi Justin, I was wondering if you could pass me the measure of the ditancias between holes of liquid force fuelage

I’ll thank you so much

hi Guys just looking for a bit of help
I had my first test other week and all went well
Stripped it down to check water etc. Put it back together and then I had issues with my remote not working right,
Before in zero position which is centre it would be no throttle but now, I have to push the throttle away to keep it zero throttle, this is the same for a couple of remotes I have tried. So when I power up the esc beeps fast 1 sec intervals and when nothing happens until I push the throttle away from the zero position then it beeps and seem to put the zero throttle position to this position, so if I let go of throttle it’s running half speed. Full speed if I pull towards me Hope I explained it so anyone can understand me
Has anyone else had similar issues

1 Like

I guess you’ve to calibrate your ESC for that transmitter. Or check if your remote has an offset setup, like a rotary switch that moves the idle (zero throttle) further away from center throttle stick. I’ve one of them that wants full throttle/min and then take those values as max/min.

I tried all the offsets and still the same , funny thing is I was out on last week all fine… y esc beeping which it never done before only on pairing
Spinning me out

I had something similar with 2 tx’s. 1st had minimum throttle (i guess some kind of a failsafe) of 25% at 0 throttle right after arming. It was disabled by default but i guess it turned on somehow when i was testing channels. 2nd was calibrating issue. Motor didnt spin very linear with the gas, even if i set up everything in tx settings. Also, tried different reciever, had to reverse some channels to make it properly work. What solved the problem was 4th calibration. U can also try to change modes (sometimes there are preseted settings for different modes) in your tx and check is any channel reversed by default or got reversed in the process.