Pacificmeister Build Info and CAD Sources

Hi pacificmeister
You add an céramic bearing to thé propeller and size duct is’ not ok
Do you havé modelling another duct ?
Regards
Giloris

Did you use the latest revision of the seal mount? If you used an old one, there is only a seat for the oil seal.

Yes, see rev2 above: Pacificmeister Build Info and CAD Sources - #56 by pacificmeister - Builds - FOIL.zone

Hi
I use rev 2
Thé céramic bearing is in sealmount or out ?
Regards
Giloris

It should be IN the seal mount. Looks like you printed the wrong file.

Hi crazy1
I Printed sealmount rev 2
I install double lipseal in and out sealmount
Is thé ceramic bearing install on lipseal ?
Lipseal dont hi to thé bottom and thé bearing goes !
I havé maybe size problèm to lipseal ?
Regards
Giloris

1 Like

can you post a picture of your seal mount without the oil seal or bearing?

Hi
Pictures to sealmount rev2

Here’s a tool I made for drilling holes through the center of the 8mm shaft without a drill press.

STL: Fusion

11 Likes

looks like your oil seal is not the right size. it should fit in the inner, deeper cutout and the bearing should fit on the top of the cutout.

Actually i mesurée thé seal and output diamèter is 20mm instead 19,05mm
I will recommend another seal but mcmaster doesn t deliver un France
Would you know a site that sells this model ?
Regards
Giloris

I highly recomend replacing the couplers cheap boag grub screw that rust and strip with stainless, as soon as I changed to stainless, never had another issue…

thats a good suggestion. not very expensive to grab some SS m4 grubs.

@pacificmeister Do you know if the neugart gearbox is building up excessive heat during operation? I am playing with a few designs and wondering if it would be useful to include a heat sink or oil cooling around the gearbox. What do you think? Would it be helpful?

I have no way to measure the gearbox heat yet. But yes I am sure it gets quite hot and the heat currently doesn’t get transferred to the outside well, airgap and PLA parts. Adding an aluminum sleeve around the 40mm Neugart to make it sit flush in the aluminum tube would be good. Or maybe fill the tube with oil yes…haven’t considered that. It might flush out that special gearbox grease and add additional friction. Keep us posted.

@pacificmeister Have you moved to the parametric prop/duct setup, or still using the original ones as per your CAD?

Cool thanks for the input. I will be sure to include some cooling strategy in my next design!

Still on the original. Printed the new parametric and realized that i made the struts holding the naca0012 profile duct a bit thin. It has some flex and will probably break off. I should just try it. Didn’t get to optimize yet.

1 Like

Just keep in mind that stainless is usually not as strong as normal steel.

Its stronger than rusting steel decaying within days of use, there is a reason all boats use SS parts not normal steel :slight_smile:

1 Like