Neugart Forum Order

Hey MaxMaker
I am from Germany too, a friend and I are building two boards in the next months so we would join your order with two gears. The problem is end of June is very late. Could we get them earlier?

Nope. I wish we could. I am going for direct drive outrunner now since there wasn’t much demand.

Hi Max, I know this is much later than your original post, but if you ever decide to change your design & switch want to go back to the Neugart gearbox, then please let me know. I would also be interested in placing a combined order.

I have also been in contact with Neugart, however the sales rep claimed that they have a 38 week lead time on their complete sortiment!!!
Perhaps if the order quantity was larger then she might be able to accelerate that lead time… hmmm

(I’m also in Germany btw.)

1 Like

Dear Windtigertim,
Right now im printing the parts(pacificmeister) and my foil will arrive next week.
I would like to join in for the order as well! Im from Holland btw.

1 Like

I got a quote from the us dealer with just a few weeks delivery. I live in Alaska.

1 Like

I’m also interested…

Hi

any news from neugart? - i would be interessed too …

bythe way i found this https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/d/planetengetriebe-neugart-3stk-260710559/ - seems a litte big but perhabs i can be usefull - 90€ for a neugart seem cheap …

Hi @mikezwgr,
Actually in the meantime I have found and purchased a few neugart PLE060’s (3:1, and 4:1) on eBay which I am currently testing with my setup.

The 60mm series are noticeably bulkier & heavier than the 40mm range of gearboxes. Because of this I
personally I would not recommend considering a PLE090. That’s overkill :wink:

Sure, the large ones are more robust than the smaller ones, however they do create more drag & add a lot more mass to the product. Usually the output shaft is much thicker and therefore a suitable coupling needs to be very precisely machined & balanced in order to avoid devastating vibrations caused by the potential shaft imbalance @ relatively high rpm.

1 Like

…and again i learned something new :wink: thx - now i understand the PLE60 or PLE90 means :wink:

I’m thinking of using a motor like this TP5690 and an 3:1 Ration (witch was mention here Peters Concept (Bavarian style) - #54 by Peter - Builds - FOIL.zone)

Perhabs one more Question - wich number is the reduction?

@mikezwgr : Look at this german datasheet for the ple series. The number after PLExx is the diameter in millimeters. The gear ratio is an extra number. The ratio is called “i” in the datasheet.
@Windtigertim
I have a PLE60, too. Mine is i=8. I did want to use the full power from an inrunner at 50V, but I realise that I am well beyond any reasonable input rpm limit on the gearbox with this. 40krpm is probably too high :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Flo haha yes. I think 40k input rpm would heat things up real quick!!

I am using a certain inrunner which can spin up to 14,500 rpm @ 12S.
For now I have limited the motor speed to 10,000rpm in my VESC6 config.

But I can tell you that even 10k of input rpm makes my PLE60 i=3 gearbox heat up to a point where I can barely wrap my hand around it without it being too hot to touch. I plan on attaching a temp. sensor to the gearbox and making a more accurate measurement soon :wink:

Please bear in mind that my gearbox is currently filled with the ‘standard grease’ option, and that my tests have been taken in air. Underwater will of course keep things a lot cooler.

Nevertheless I am considering replacing the standard grease with a more suitable lubricant to handle the high input speed & temp.

@MaxMaker, did the Neugart rep which you spoke to happen to mention the product name/number of the ‘high input speed’ grease?

By the way, has anyone had any experience with http://www.dry-fluids.com/dryfluid-gear-lube-1.html ?

@Windtigertim - to you mind share the excact motor you have? - is it a TP5690-v1 @290 KV ?

I found this on ebay (NEUGART PLE60 Planetary Gearhead i=3 OP 06 UN | eBay) a PLE60 i=3 but with a realy big “Base” - in here the base seems smaller https://www.ahs-antriebstechnik.de/pdf-dateien-d/Getriebe/PLE.pdf

any thoughts?

The base is only aluminium, so I wanted to machine it down. My problem was in removing the screws and disassembking the gearbox.

He said it is low temperature oil. I guess its meamt to be used in freezing temperatures and naturally thinner than normal oil.

1 Like

The Torqeedo 1003 gear does all of this already (except that its 7:1). Just ask Neugart if they can manufacture a similar run maybe with a 5:1 ratio.

1 Like

@Jezza Do you know the Redaction auf this Torqeedo 402/403 ? Gearbox UL - Torqeedo

I don’t know I’m afraid, but I don’t think it will handle as much power as the 1003 gear. The 1003 Gear is a similar size to the PLE40.

1 Like

It actually looks like that particular base/adapter plate can be removed from the rest of the gearbox assembly completely via the four screws underneath.

If this is true then you would be left with the ‘neutral motor flange’ option which should be very similar to the one I am currently experimenting with. See picture below:

Did you end up getting it off?

If not, then perhaps you could try placing the rounded end (black anodised section) of the complete gearbox assembly inside the metal lathe chuck and turn down the square baseplate back to 60mm diameter that way…

Probably not optimal machining practices i know :wink: