Interesting new motor

http://store-en.tmotor.com/mobile/goods.php?id=725

1 Like

Inrunner with100Kv 6,8kW continous power sounds fantastic, did anybody try this one?

1 Like

Something doesn’t seem right there. On alienpwersystem the motor has a max current of 50A. But here it is 127A. Someone has it wrong.

Can you use this motor without gearbox?

The outrunner also look interessting, but has the wrong shap for all the tube-builders :wink:

Hi, I and my brother in law have this motor, but we have problems for which we havent found solution jet. We build two hydrofoils, we both have also the same ESc(Flier Boat up to 22S 400A). We have two Li-ion batteries made out of Panasonic cells 18650PF 2900mAh, my battery is 22S12P, his is 13S13P. The problem is that we cannot find right settings on flier esc, and motor doesnt want to spin under load ( spins very slowly). I can hold the shaft of motor on full power and there just O,5A current measured through the motor. We tried a lot of settings and checked the connenctors, but it looks like ESC is blocking and doesnt let the current into the motor. Does anyone of you builders has similar problem with Flier ESC?

I would upload the video, but I dont know how to upload mp4 file. The spinnig of proppeler in the air looks brutal, but there is no power under load.

@Jezza, the motor surely can not handle 100A maybe 30A constant. The cables out of the motor are 1,5mm2 thick! I sending some pictures of the motor and my connection motor shaft-proppeler

IMG_20180603_134001|375x500

I accidently upload two same pictures.

2 Likes

Hi @Nace_Erznoznik di you ever get to the bottom of the issue? The flier esc say’s its for Lipo battery. Can you use Li-ion with this ESC?

Hi,
the problem was in this chinese inrunner motor. Simply it doesnt have enough torque to spin the proppeler. I bought the motor system from Flying rodeo, the same motor as on the Lift foil. Now all this problems are gone;) and I am using the same Flier Esc. This Flier esc is by the way piece of shit, but it works for now. It becomes hot on 50 Amps with cooling after few minutes of riding. My next purchase will be new Esc, probably from german company Yge or trampa vesc.
Esc doesnt know which akku or battery you are using, Esc just recognises the voltage and this Esc needs direct current.You can set voltage cut off.
So you can use Lipo, Li-ion, LiFePO4 everything with DC up to 22S for this flier 400 Esc.
But I suggest you, dont waste money on not so cheap chinese Escs, buy something better for maybe twice the price of this Flier Esc.