like the most here I’m happy about this website
A lot of answers and ideas but also questions…
In 2016 I started to build a jet powerd iSUP - first with a MHZ Jet 52 Booster and the second one with a self made jet - thanks to 3D printing.
After a lot of experience and learning I come to this conclusions:
- Outrunner will not really work because of cooling - direct running also not because of salt water
- Innrunner with very low KV have a bad efficiency - 500KV is minimum
- Therefor a planetary gear is required - with 10S or 12S and 500KV it’s 18.500 - 22.200rpm - so 5:1 is ok
- The only gear that I found for this high rpm is the Reisenauer Motor-Chief - Neugart and similar ends with 8.000rpm
- Jet propulsion is also not very efficient - especially with battery pack and if the drive is under water
- The gap between motor and tube should be max. 0,1mm - otherwise the thermal compounds will not work
I’m looking for your comments - what are your opinion to this points.
If the are people from and around Munich it would be great to meet and share ideas.
Have a nice day