For who try/have tried direct drive with outrunner

I had a lot of screw ups, i learned a lot. I have manage to rewind my 80mm out-runner motor from 187KV to 115KV Delta. I used 9 strands of #24 wrapped 8 times. I brought all 6 winding ends out of the motor so if I chose to, I could go with a star configuration. That would give me about KV=67 star. I have not tested it under load yet because I was having a cooling system leak. Hopefully tomorrow.

I have looked at a similar idea too you and suggest putting a copper coil connected up to the water cooling at the back of the motor and then put a small prop on the shaft in front of the coil blowing the cooled air in towards the motor. this will blow cooled air into the rear of the motor and create a high pressure in around the motor for additional cooling.

sounds complicated but would be very simple and might be enough to keep the motor cool.

let me know your results with this motor, im interested.

Very interesting.
How many amps was it drawing at cruising speed ?

I’m traveling at this time. I’ll be home in a couple of days. The last tests with RC aircraft propellers combined with this motor is showing great promise. I’m hoping to run some more tests this weekend and will share the results.

I have the Eon Unlimited Skateboard kit, which I want to use for my Efoil.

The specs are:
Motor: Max. power: 840 W, Max. torque: 3.5 Nm, Motor type: Brushless
Battery: Lithium-ion, Voltage: 36 V, nominal | 42 V max, Capacity: 2.5 Ah
Charger Specs: Input: 100 V – 240 V | 50 Hz / 60 Hz

I realize I will need a “replacement” motor for an Efoil application. Any Recommendations of an 840 W Motor?
Does this motor wattage seam low? https://www.rideunlimited.co/shop/cruiser-kit

i cant see 840w being anywhere near powerful enough. you need something in the 5k watt range, the eskate board battery and esc wont handle that kind of power. maybe a duel 2k watt setup could be possible.