Electric surfboard - dual motor direct drive. Few Questions

The propellers will be 3d printed, so I can easily make two different types propeller for pusher/puller. I think I will make a propeller that wraps around the circumference of the motor, like @pacificmeister direct drive design, and make streamlined caps for the ends of the motor, to reduce the length of the drivetrain, compared to if the props were mounted on the end of the motors.

1 Like

I had a look at those engines, they have the propellers very close together…I would imagine that a larger gap would make the water more turbulent for the trailing propeller blades compared to if they were close. My design will have the propellers a fair distance apart from each other so it all be interesting to see how it works out.

There’s actually an optimal distance to have the propellers. At some distances they will be highly inefficient as the water will be disturbed by the first prop. You will just have to run numerous tests to see if you can find the sweet spot.

1 Like

Ha yes!, just like Dornier Do 335 - the fastest piston poweded plane ever built:)

1 Like